Sunday 14 August 2011

A Productive Weekend...

I have had great fun following along with Shimelle's online crop this weekend and I am really pleased that I managed to carve a bit of time out of a busy weekend to sit down and complete a couple of pages and get the bits together for at least a couple more... hopefully I will get to complete (and blog) those too before next Sunday!


My first page started as my entry for the Sarah's Cards August challenge to use at least 5 different patterned papers on a layout..I had the five but the page just felt like something was missing... and none of my current stash of journalling cards seemed to fit so the first challenge this weekend was perfectly timed... a set of free printables from Mary Anne Walters which had the perfect size and colours to fit my stalled page!!  So here it is...



(please excuse the poor lighting for the photos.. I am currently scrapping in a corner of hubby's office in the loft with no natural light!)


With the happy feeling of getting this page off of my pile of "needs something more" I decided that I will use this weekend crop as a chance to catch up on some pages for my 2010 holiday album.


With that in mind, my second completed page is a bit of a cheat, as it covers two of Shimelle's challenges - it is the intro page for my album and I started preparing it for the stickery challenge of using two sets of stickers... I have used some Making Memories Passport stickers and a few layered chipboard stickers from the Just Chillin range and then I threw in some American Craft Princess range as well to add a bit of colour, but was really struggling for a title... until another challenge popped up.. to cover something I Love - and there it is - a perfect title to sum up how I was feeling - I Love Holidays in Cornwall! 







I Love heading down to Cornwall - I think this trip was our 7th visit in 8 years!  I love it so much that I cornered hubby when I finished this page and got him to tentatively agree to some dates for us to disappear for a long weekend there next month (babysitters permitting!) :-) Yay!


C x

9 comments:

  1. What great pages! I especially love your "itinerary"!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour scheme you used for the challenge LO. Thanks for playing along with us at Sarah's Cards
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, love the butterflies on your 'cornish cottage' page. It's so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabbz pages, lovely "cottage" colours - thanks for joining in with Sarah´s Cards.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour combination and I like the embellished circles. Thanks for playing along with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pages, and love the colours you've used in the cottage layout :) Thanks for playing along with the Sarah's Cards challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh those printables look fab, perfect for your page! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Sarah's Cards :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layout! Thank you so much for joining in the fun this month at Sarah's Cards Ltd

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pages Hun, I love your Cornish page with the postcard in the title :)

    ReplyDelete