Saturday 26 March 2011

Five Things I Want To Try...

So a bit behind on the prompts but this is was an idea I could really relate to today - making a list of five favourite things.  Rather than a list of my favourites, I have made my list of five things I have come across recently that I would like to see/do/try and my aim is to achieve all five during April as hubby and I both have some time off coming up...

1.  A recipe I want to try -  One Banana Cupcakes 
- this one caught my eye on Shimelle's blog and is perfect for me as, despite only working 4 days a week, I always buy 5 bananas for lunches and never manage to actually stop on my day off to eat a lunch, so a poor lonely banana can often be found lingering in my fruit bowl next to a new fresh bunch bought ready for next week.



2. A dress I need to try on - Dress 
- this is a bit of a cheat - it has already been ordered but I have yet to try it on and make sure the whole outfit works, ready for some upcoming 'do's (I have already trialled the matching shoes of course and declared that they can join the shoe family that hubby is convinced breeds in the cupboard!)

3. A film I want to see - I Am Number Four 
- not getting the best rating at the moment, but that usually makes me more determined to see it so that I can decide for myself!  As usual the show timings for any film I want to see have meant that we still haven't had a chance to catch it and now it's no longer in the cinema - oh well, I'm sure it will be out for rent soon and at least then we can watch it at a time to suit us - and with no need to arrange a babysitter.  I must try and catch something in the cinema soon though as we were given a voucher for Christmas and I love a guilt-free visit to the concessions to get popcorn AND icecream!

4. A book I neeeeed to read - Treachery In Death 
- this is the latest book in a series I am loving by J D Robb (a pen name for Nora Roberts).  It is a futuristic crime series so slightly different from my usual bookshelf of lightweight romances and heavy textbooks.  This is book 32 in the series and I'm still loving them!  I got a bit behind and so I am only just reading book 31 but I am already looking forward to this one...

5. A blog background to update - Backgrounds 
- I love these from 'the cutest blog on the block' - I am trying to update my background for various seasons and I am going to try a new Spring themed one (at least until I get bored with it!).  My newest aim is to explore buttons and headers and try and tie these in with a theme, but it is a bit beyond my limited skills at the moment (although sneaking a peek at Friday's prompt email I notice that the upcoming prompts might help here!)

Slowly catching up with the prompt emails - still need to find that 8th day of the week though so that I can actually do some scrapping...!

C x

2 comments:

  1. Love your dress! Let me know when you find that 8th day - I can use one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great list hun, will see you tomorrow at our next crop :)

    ReplyDelete